Position Title: BSC Operations Manager
Reporting Supervisor: Associate Director of Operations
Time Base: Full-Time Position Classification: Staff, Paygrade 12
Department: Operations FLSA Status: Exempt
Work Schedule: Monday through Friday; varying work hours including early morning, evenings, and weekends. Hybrid eligible.
Associated Students, Inc. (ASI) employs student-focused professionals with equity-mindsets. Established in 1963, Associated Students, Inc. (ASI) is a non-profit corporation led by a 14-member board of elected student leaders. ASI is an auxiliary organization authorized by the California State University Board of Trustees to perform Student Life functions for Cal Poly Pomona students. ASI provides opportunities for student engagement, student leadership and employment, and a multitude of Student Life programs and services e.g., recreation and wellbeing, student union and activities, student government, clubs and organizations, food pantry, and childcare. The administrative and student support areas of ASI include human resources, financial services, information technology, facilities management, and marketing. ASI employs approximately 500 part-time students and 60 full-time staff members. ASI accepts the responsibility for conscientiously managing mandatory student fees and state-owned facilities: $18M annual operating budget, $5M annual debt service, approximately $24M in reserves, and 294,253 square feet of student space (student union, recreation center, and pool). ASI is in the Cal Poly Pomona Division of Student Affairs with a dashed reporting line to Administrative Affairs. ASI serves the entire campus population, including over 28,000 students.
As an evolving learning organization, ASI is human-centered and strives to live its values of care and growth. The purpose of ASI is to transform lives, and its vision will be co-developed through the teamwork of staff. With a commitment to learning, continuous improvement, and innovation, ASI is looking for a dynamic team member who supports team learning, co-creation, radical candor, psychological safety, growth mindset, and lives out equity, diversity, and inclusion practices.
Under the general supervision of the Associate Director of Operations, the BSC Operations Manager oversees all day-to-day operations of the Bronco Student Center (BSC). Operation functions include, but are not limited to, facility access and supervision, the safe use of the BSC, games room equipment checkout and inventory, lessee support, facility risk mitigation, emergency response protocols and related staff training, lost and found management, and usage data collection. The BSC Operations Manager supervises all BSC Operations Attendants, Building Mangers and supervising staff and works in tandem with the BRIC Operations Manager to ensure efficient & safe practices amongst all ASI Facilities
* Lead and oversee day-to-day operations for the safe use the BSC including, but not limited to, maintaining safe, fun, student-centric, user-friendly spaces, and resources
* Provide leadership and strategic vision for the games room operation including but not limited to, furniture, game tables and consoles, equipment check out for building users as well as to support staff on-shift, day use lockers, and revenue generating services
* Recruit, select, train, supervise, coach, evaluate, and develop the Operations Supervisors (2), Supervising Building Manager (1), Building Managers (10) and Operations Attendants (28) in the BSC
* Plan, prioritize, assign, supervise and review the work of all BSC operations staff
* Develop, implement, track, and report the University’s lost and found services including related procedures, as well as auctions, and other sales to fund the ASI Basic Needs Scholarship
* Develop the Supervisor(s) & Building Manager team as the facility operations shift lead for all operational aspects of the BSC including but not limited to, game room operation, facility use education and enforcement, and dispute/conflict resolution
* In collaboration with the BRIC Operations Manager develop and enforce the safety policies and guidelines that provide for the effective operation of both the student union and recreation center.
* Manage and track facility access and security of spaces for the BSC using the Keywatcher Management System.
* Develop and facilitate emergency response training for all BSC operations staff as well as the safety response practicum program
* Responsible for tracking, assessing, and sharing reports on accident and incident trends and develop and implement preventative measures to increase safety in the BSC
* Manage and safe-guard accident and incident reporting protocols, as well as, follow-up reporting, and staff debriefs
* Develop and enforce operational and safety policies and guidelines that provide for the effective operation of the BSC
* Procure, inventory, and replace safety and emergency response related equipment and supplies, and game room related checkout equipment and supplies
* Prepare, present, implement and administer the BSC Operations budget; prepare cost estimates for budget recommendations; submit justifications for various BSC operational, safety and game room needs, including capital improvement projects as appropriate, and monitor and control related expenditures
* Prepare, present, and implement short and long-term facility operations goals in collaboration with the BRIC Operations Manager
* Track, assess and share reports on BSC facility usage trends to determine student-centric business hours and utilization of game room and common areas
* Foster open communication and implement strategies to enhance support and coordination with lessees to provide great service to their customers and ensure a seamless experience for students and the campus community in the BSC.
* Assist with the planning and execution of major and minor BSC capital projects
* Assist in providing vision and administration toward efficient and effective facility operations through engagement in systematic strategic planning, assessment, auditing, evaluation and reporting
* Support Conference and Events leadership and staff as needed
* Review and evaluate student union operations to ensure that appropriate risk management precautions and procedures are in place and ensure that facilities follow the risk management requirements of the California State University system and California State Polytechnic University, Pomona as well as Federal and State
*Participate in campus-wide collaborations that serve the overall mission of ASI and the University as a whole
*Serve on campus boards and committees as well as system-wide associations
*Serve as ambassador for ASI at the university, state, regional and national levels
*Perform other duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE | SKILLS | ABILITIES
Education and Experience:
* Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or other related field
* Current American Red Cross CPR/ AED for the Professional Rescuer and Emergency Oxygen certifications (training provided by ASI).
* Minimum three years of progressive management and supervisory experience in facilities, or building operations
* Demonstrated budgetary and risk management experience
* Current American Red Cross Responding to Emergencies/ Title 22 (or equivalent) required within the first 30 days of employment (training provided by ASI)
* Demonstrated budgetary and risk management experience
* Current American Red Cross Basic Life Support/CPRO and Emergency Oxygen Instructor certification within first six months of employment (training provided by ASI)
* Experience in university student union, preferred
* Achieve assigned objectives, within desired budget timeline
* Work with a diverse student population and campus community
* Commit to student development and motivate and work closely with students
* Collaborate, form partnerships, and work effectively as a member of a goal-orientated team
* Ability to develop and oversee projects and manage multiple priorities
* Analyze and solve problems, draw valid conclusions and develop alternate recommendations
* Maintain professional work conduct
* Make independent decisions and recommendations
* Adhere to work rules, follow directions, use time effectively and work productively without close supervision
* Follow routine verbal and written instructions
* Operate an office workstation, utilize word-processing, spreadsheet, and other software
* Effectively communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing
* Satisfactorily complete a background check (including a criminal records check)
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, talk and hear; manual dexterity, eye-hand coordination, and verbal communication; use of office equipment: telephones, calculator, copier and fax. Must be able to walk, stand, bend and lift up to 45 pounds.
MANDATED REPORTING REQUIREMENT
In compliance with the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act (CANRA) and the CSU Executive Order 1083, each ASI employee is designated as a mandated reporter and is required to sign an Acknowledgment of Mandated Reporter Status and Legal Duty to Report Child Abuse and Neglect.
Based on the duties and responsibilities of this position, this position has been designated to be a sensitive position with access to sensitive data
A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily before any candidate can be offered a position with Associated Students, Inc., Cal Poly Pomona. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current ASI employees who apply for this position.
SYSTEMWIDE SMOKE AND TOBACCO FREE ENVIRONMENT EO 1108:
Cal Poly Pomona is a smoke and tobacco-free campus. Please refer to the link below for policy information.
To apply for this job please visit asi.cpp.edu.