ASSOCIATED STUDENTS, INC.
(This is not a State/University Position)
SUMMARY: Primarily responsible for managing multiple levels of ASI Student Government and SC Leadership. Advise staff on the planning and execution of initiatives, events, services, and programs. This position oversees the development and execution of leadership trainings. This position reports directly to the ASI & SC Executive Director.
* Medical, dental, vision and life insurance (most paid at 100%)
* Pension – CalPERs Retirement
* 12 paid sick days per calendar year
* 16 paid holidays per calendar year
* 10 paid vacation days per calendar year (increases with 3 years of service)
* Educational Assistance Program
* Work with, and mentor students, on a day-to-day basis to enhance students’ lives.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Directly supervises the ASI Student Government Coordinator, SC Leadership Assistant and ASI Leadership Graduate Assistant by selecting, training, facilitating meetings and delegation of work.
* Conducts performance evaluations, sets area goals, leads, and monitors workflow and provides support during absences.
* Assists ASI & SC Executive Director with advising the ASI & SC Executives with initiatives, events, programs, and campaigns.
* Manages Student Government & SC Leadership budget, financial records, and payroll processes. Develops administrative reports as needed.
* Manages ASI Student Government & SC Leadership initiatives, events, programs, services, campaigns, social media, and outreach.
* Manages ASI Student Government services such as Turlock Transit & Scholarships
University Relations and Student Development:
* Organizes presenters for leadership workshops and training sessions that address character formation, leadership skills, as well as life skills and principles.
* Oversees Basic Needs MOU agreement and partnership.
Board of Directors:
* Plans and coordinates Passing of the Gavel Ceremony.
* Assists the Executive Director with drafting organizational policies, procedures, presentations, and reports.
* Plans and executes Leadership trainings, and conducts, ASI and USC Board trainings and retreats as well as student staff trainings.
* Oversees ASI Elections including compliance with elections code, scheduling of election space and electronic device use.
* Oversees SC BOD recruitment and appointment process.
* Ensures all areas of programming (leadership, and student government) events are compliant with risk management requirements.
* Attends ASI and SC Board of Director meetings and assist the ASI & SC Executive Director with presenting information.
* Assists ASI & SC Executive Director with special projects.
* Other related duties as assigned.
* Bachelor’s Degree in Counseling, Social and Behavioral Sciences, Liberal Arts, Business or related field.
* Four years of experience in student leadership and development.
* Principles of budget management and training programs.
* Strong interpersonal and group communication skills.
* Experience advising students and working in a diverse student population.
* Poses the ability to interpret and apply policies and exercise good judgment.
* Maintenance of standard and computerized files and information retrieval systems.
* Modern office methods, procedures, and practices.
* English usage, spelling, grammar, and punctuation.
* Master’s degree in a related field.
* Knowledge of state and university policies and regulations as they relate to risk management, student activities, purchasing, and contract negotiations.
* Experience in a non-profit organization.
* Experience working in Higher Education.
TYPICAL PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
Sit for extended periods; frequently stand and walk; normal manual dexterity and eye-hand coordination; lift and move objects weighing up to 20 lbs.; corrected hearing and vision to normal range; verbal communication; use of office equipment, including computer, telephone, copiers.
Work is performed in an office environment and throughout the campus areas during student programs; continuous contact with other staff, students, faculty, and the public. Periodic travel is required to attend conferences, retreats, and trainings.
Satisfactory completion of a background check (which includes checks of employment records, education records, criminal records, civil records; and may include motor vehicle records, professional licenses, and sex offender registries, as position requires) is required for employment. ASI will make a conditional offer of employment, which may be rescinded if the background check reveals disqualifying information, and/or it is discovered that the candidate knowingly withheld or falsified information. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants.
Must possess and maintain a valid CA Driver’s License, maintain appropriate auto insurance, and have access to a vehicle that is in safe mechanical condition.
ASI is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer:
ASI will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, gender, gender identity, gender stereotyping, sexual orientation, genetic information, disability, age, marital status, veterans’ status, status with regard to public assistance, or on the basis of any other legally protected category.
Leadership – Manager (SSPIII)- $66,643 – $88,001
Position will remain open until filled.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com