MARKETING AND COMMUNCATIONS MANAGER
ASSOCIATED STUDENTS, INC.
(This is not a State/University Position)
SUMMARY: Responsible for managing, implementing, and enhancing marketing and communication initiatives for ASI & SC programs, services, and campaigns. This includes strategic communication development, branding, marketing research, forecasting advertising and promotions, and oversight of the website, social media, and multimedia production. This position reports directly to the ASI & SC Executive Director.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Directly supervises the ASI Marketing Services Coordinator, ASI Marketing Assistant, and the ASI Design Coordinator, ASI Website Student Technician by selecting, training, facilitating meetings, and delegating work.
* Conducts performance evaluations, leads, and monitors workflow, and provides support during absences.
* Sets department goals and priorities in accordance with organizational goals and mission.
* Develops communication strategies and marketing plans for campaigns, initiatives, and special events offered by ASI & SC.
* Prepares, administers, and analyzes departmental budget, financial records, and payroll processes. Develops administrative reports as needed.
* Manages and approves marketing plans, advertising postings for social networking platforms, digital signage screens, text alerts and all other marketing displays, while enforcing the ASI & SC Tier system.
* Establishes timelines, collects information, and prepares data for the fall and spring event calendars.
* Uses analytical tools and identifies digital software to evaluate and measure site traffic to optimize marketing campaigns, email marketing, social media, and all other displays.
* Manages inquiries and requests for digital signage advertisements and ensures compliance with policies and procedures regarding digital signage.
* Directs staff to ensure ASI & SC webpages are up to date.
* Reviews all marketing materials to enforce compliance with university marketing and ASI & SC brand guidelines.
* Other special projects as assigned by ASI & SC Executive Director.
* Other related duties as assigned.
* Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Communication (s) or related field.
* Five years of experience in marketing, public relations, or public affairs, preferably in a non-profit organization.
* Demonstrated expertise with staff supervision and budget management.
* Excellent customer service skills.
* Proven success in working with students, faculty, and staff, and reasonable experience and demonstrated capability in working with diverse student populations.
* Ability to respond to inquiries and explain, interpret, and apply a variety of policies and procedures.
* Advanced computer skills in MS Office.
* English usage, spelling, grammar, and punctuation.
* Master’s degree in related field.
* Knowledge of state and university policies and regulations as they relate to marketing guidelines.
TYPICAL PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
Sit for extended periods; frequently stand and walk; normal manual dexterity and eye-hand coordination; lift and move objects weighing up to 20 lbs.; corrected hearing and vision to normal range; verbal communication; use of office equipment, including computer, telephone, copiers.
Work is performed in an office environment and throughout the campus areas during student programs; continuous contact with other staff, students, faculty, and the public.
Satisfactory completion of a background check (which includes checks of employment records, education records, criminal records, civil records; and may include motor vehicle records, professional licenses, and sex offender registries, as position requires) is required for employment. ASI will make a conditional offer of employment, which may be rescinded if the background check reveals disqualifying information, and/or it is discovered that the candidate knowingly withheld or falsified information. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants.
ASI is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer:
ASI will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, gender, gender identity, gender stereotyping, sexual orientation, genetic information, disability, age, marital status, veterans’ status, status with regard to public assistance, or on the basis of any other legally protected category.
Marketing Manager Classification – $66,643 – $88,001
APPLY ONLINE: All applications must be submitted via the following link.