ASSOCIATED STUDENTS, INC.
(This is not a State/University Position)
SUMMARY: Responsible for working with and advising a diverse group of student assistants and volunteers in coordinating and implementing cultural, educational, political, and social, and special event programs for the campus community. This position reports directly to the ASI Programs and Assessment Manager.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Directly supervises the Student Programmer Coordinators and Code Red Entertainment members by selecting, training, facilitating meetings and delegation of work.
* Coordinates and provides guidance for program implementation and promotion. Programs to include special events, campus pride, and SC Events.
* Assists in researching, recommending, and coordinating new programs and activities that serve students’ needs, foster student learning, and promote diversity and inclusion, as well as build a sense of campus community.
* Works with students to develop annual plan for assigned events, including goals, objectives, and follow-up.
* Collaborates with Human Resource and Risk Manager to ensure compliance with risk management policies.
* Coordinates appropriate plans with volunteers (including budgets/timelines) for each assigned committee.
* Plans, coordinates, and provides guidance for the Weekend Warrior Program including development, marketing, and promotion.
* Ensures programmers maintain accurate and complete financial records for each event.
* Ensures programmers maintain accurate records of event indicators (i.e., Student Feedback, attendance etc.)
* Conducts a comprehensive evaluation to determine the success of each applicable event and makes recommendations for improvement and assist in generating new ideas for new programs.
* Other related duties as assigned.
* Bachelor’s Degree in related field.
* Two years’ experience in student activities and programming.
* Principles of supervision and training.
* Strong interpersonal and group communication skills.
* Experience advising students and working in a diverse student population.
* Poses the ability to interpret and apply policies and exercise good judgment.
* Good public relations techniques.
* Maintenance of standard and computerized files and information retrieval systems.
* Modern office methods, procedures, and practices.
* English usage, spelling, grammar, and punctuation.
* Basic mathematics.
* Must possess and maintain a valid CA Driver’s License, maintain appropriate auto insurance and have access to a vehicle that is in safe mechanical condition.
* Master’s degree in a related field.
* Knowledge of state and university policies and regulations as they relate to risk management, student activities, purchasing, and contract negotiations.
* Experience in a non-profit organization.
* Experience working in Higher Education.
TYPICAL PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
Sit for extended periods; frequently stand and walk; normal manual dexterity and eye-hand coordination; lift and move objects weighing up to 20 lbs.; corrected hearing and vision to normal range; verbal communication; use of office equipment, including computer, telephone, copiers.
Work is performed in an office environment and throughout the campus areas during student programs, continuous contact with other staff, students, faculty, and the public. Periodic travel is required for conferences, retreats and trainings, both in and out of state.
Satisfactory completion of a background check (which includes checks of employment records, education records, criminal records, civil records; and may include motor vehicle records, professional licenses, and sex offender registries, as position requires) is required for employment. ASI will make a conditional offer of employment, which may be rescinded if the background check reveals disqualifying information, and/or it is discovered that the candidate knowingly withheld or falsified information. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants.
ASI is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer:
ASI will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, gender, gender identity, gender stereotyping, sexual orientation, genetic information, disability, age, marital status, veterans’ status, status with regard to public assistance, or on the basis of any other legally protected category.
Programming Coordinator I – $42,139 – $69,108
APPLY ONLINE: All applications must be submitted via the following link.