Cal Poly Arts is a unit of the College of Liberal Arts whose mission is to present an annual series of diverse professional touring concerts, performances, and events primarily in venues on the Cal Poly campus. The organization offers 30-50 events annually and is largely dependent on ticket sales to support its activities. Cal Poly Arts’ Marketing & Communications Manager works under the Cal Poly Arts Director and is responsible for promoting the department’s programs and performances. The incumbent’s primary responsibilities are to develop and fully implement marketing plans and materials that will result in successfully communicating Cal Poly Arts’ programs to the greater Central Coast market, which includes the Cal Poly campus community. The incumbent must establish and maintain excellent business relationships with a variety of vendors, sponsors, artists, agents, and colleagues both on and off campus. They must work cost effectively and manage a significant annual budget. The Marketing & Communications Manager must possess exemplary communication skills, both oral and written; experience in creating effective marketing campaigns and materials; and an advanced understanding of marketing and communications principles, standards, and practices.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Develop and implement marketing plans within budget parameters to promote the overall Cal Poly Arts season, each individual event within the season, and Cal Poly Arts community engagement programs.
· Create culturally competent marketing strategies to reach and grow diverse target audiences.
· Work with Director to develop annual marketing and communications budget and manage budget throughout the year.
· Work with artists and artist representatives, agents, publicists, etc. to acquire source material and seek approvals for advertising campaigns for Cal Poly Arts events.
· Conduct thorough research on artists presented in the Cal Poly Arts season to develop creative and successful marketing campaigns.
· Maintain strong and engaging social media presence through consistent and frequent sponsored and organic posts on various social media channels.
· Write and edit compelling copy for press releases, brochures, ads, social media posts, and programs.
· Foster positive relationships with local media to yield press coverage of Cal Poly Arts’ season events and community engagement programs.
· Represent Cal Poly Arts professionally while working in collaboration with designers and technicians to create brochures, posters, flyers, radio and television ads, and other collateral materials to promote Cal Poly Arts programs.
· Employ audio and video production skills or successfully engage outside entities to produce audio and video marketing and promotional content.
· Employ basic graphic design and layout skills to create print advertising and promotional pieces, including posters and small brochures.
· Purchase space and time from print, media and online resources for the placement of Cal Poly Arts advertising.
· Maintain and edit the Cal Poly Arts website to accurately convey details on Cal Poly Arts events and to promote the full program.
· Work with print and media partners in the region to secure and manage trade and in-kind agreement relationships that benefit Cal Poly Arts marketing efforts.
· Coordinate with on-campus departments and programs to successfully communicate with Cal Poly students, faculty, and staff in promoting Cal Poly Arts events and outreach activities.
· Generate collateral materials to support Cal Poly Arts fundraising, VIP membership, and arts education goals.
· Generate operating income to meet budget requirements through sales of program ads and soliciting media sponsorships.
· Provide on-going input and support for Cal Poly Arts Director and staff in the achievement of organizational goals, as needed.
· Calculate ticketing projections on Cal Poly Arts events based upon market research and trends.
• Directly supervise assigned student employees. Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with Corporation’s policies and applicable laws and regulations
• Supervise the daily activities of student employees, including but not limited to, effective delegation of assignments, training, and resources necessary to meet performance standards and assist employees in improving performance relevant to job requirements
• Direct and monitor employees to ensure that they remain in compliance with policies and procedures
• Graduation from an accredited four-year university
• Minimum 4 years of demonstrated experience in marketing and communications; arts marketing experience preferred
• Understanding of advanced marketing, social media, and advertising strategies and practices
• Ability to create high quality print, media, and online marketing materials.
• Excellent communication skills (verbal and written); ability to effectively communicate information in a clear and understandable manner
• Excellent organizational and time management skills with the ability to set own priorities to coordinate multiple assignments with fluctuating time sensitive deadlines
• Strong attention to detail
• Demonstrated customer service experience, operating at a high level of diplomacy and professionalism
• Ability to initiate, establish, and foster effective communication and teamwork by maintaining a positive, cooperative, productive work atmosphere in and outside the university
• Ability to self-start, work quickly, efficiently, and independently with limited supervision
• Ability to interpret, communicate, and apply policies and procedures
• Ability to perform complex, highly responsible, and confidential duties
• Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Word and Excel, Adobe Creative Suite, online applications, databases, and email marketing applications
• Ability to maintain regular and reliable attendance
• Possession of a valid California Driver’s License and satisfactory driving record
· A background check is required for all regular benefited positions
· The person holding this position is considered a ‘mandated reporter’ under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment
Please apply via link below
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org