Cal Poly Pomona Foundation Employment Services
ANNOUNCEMENT OF POSITION VACANCY
SUMMARY: Under the general supervision of the Executive Director/CEO, the Associate Executive Director acts as the Chief Operating Officer and is responsible for directing, overseeing and managing various operational functions of the organization. The Associate Executive Director shall foster an environment of optimized enterprise operations and building strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders. The position directly oversees the division heads for Bookstore, Sponsored Enterprise Programs (Farm Store, AGRIscapes), Dining Services, Kellogg West Conference Center & Hotel, and Marketing.
Cal Poly Pomona Foundation, Inc. offers a rich benefits package that constitutes a major portion of total compensation (paid medical/dental/vision, retirement, educational reimbursement, etc.).
ABOUT US: As the largest employer of students on the Cal Poly Pomona campus, the Foundation offers valuable work experience and hands-on training to approximately 1,500 Cal Poly Pomona students each year. The Foundation offers positions in various fields; whether it is in the area of technology, science, retail, culinary arts, hospitality management, leadership or research grants, these student employees participate in Cal Poly Pomona’s learn-by-doing philosophy and acquire practical skills in their designated field of study.
The Foundation also contributes operating support to nearly 1,100 Foundation and scholarship programs every year, including Bronco Athletics and the Norman J. Priest Scholarship. In addition, the Foundation administers grants and contracts, contributes to campus security, and supports several university publications. The Foundation contributes over $1 million annually to Cal Poly Pomona.
SOME OF THE THINGS THAT YOU WILL GET TO DO (this is just a small sampling of work variety):
· Collaborates with Enterprise Foundation and University personnel to problem solve, improve business models, enhance effectiveness, formulate strategic initiatives, and identify opportunities for better efficiencies within areas of oversight.
· Provides support and counsel in respect to policy, procedures, laws and regulations and undertakes appropriate actions for compliance with regulations and administrative requirements.
· Formulates proposals to the Executive Director/CEO and Board of Directors involving broad and often complex areas of policy and management action. Manages implementation and monitoring such proposals when adopted.
· Provides general administrative and financial guidance with regard to commercial enterprise activities and supports new businesses, programs, capital projects, or activities to achieve organizational goals.
· Integrates, coordinates and collaborates with University when proposing and planning business activities.
· Evaluates work performance of subordinates; lead the selection and training of division staff.
· Assist in providing support, counsel, draft resolutions, and information to the Board of Directors.
· Act as the primary staff liaison to the Board Program Committee as directed by the Executive Director/CEO.
· Responsible for the implementation and maintenance of operational risk mitigation and management in collaboration with Financial Services.
· Responsible for budget, capital, and proforma development and implementation for assigned divisions.
· Approves departmental policies and procedures for areas of responsibility; recommends company and Board policy enhancements; monitors policy compliance within assigned areas.
· Works closely with Foundation staff, University personnel, and the College of Agriculture to manage operational integrity of Sponsored Enterprise Programs.
· Reviews and approves expenditures and activities to ensure adherence with policy, law and budget.
· Conducts special studies, investigations, and prepares administrative reports as assigned; assists in the implementation of new policies, programs, and procedures; cooperates with agencies, groups, and individuals in the coordination of Enterprise Foundation operations; studies new legislation/regulations/orders, advising the Executive Director/CEO on impact; and confers with staff and managers in regard to the need for legislation/regulations.
· Acts as a resource and provides consultation and leadership to Enterprise Foundation senior management team for areas of expertise.
· In the absence of the Executive Director/CEO, chairs Foundation Executive and Leadership team meetings.
· Will lead and/or coordinate various special projects, initiatives and tasks on an assigned basis
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent required and master’s strongly preferred in business, organizational management, higher education or any of the disciplines related to program and service offerings of the Enterprise Foundation (i.e. hospitality; accounting; risk management; project management; marketing)
· Seven or more years of progressively responsible leadership experience required with preference given to experience in a higher education or not-for-profit environment
· Financial modeling experience including return on investment analysis
· Marketing, hotel management, retail and dining experience highly beneficial
· Strong communication skills, including interpersonal and customer service skills (written and verbal)
· Ability to monitor, interpret and apply policies and procedures to variety of situations
· High attention to detail and accuracy
· Ability to mentor, direct, develop and supervise
· Certified Auxiliary Services Professional (CASP) preferred
CSU along with Cal Poly Pomona Foundation require faculty, staff, and students who are accessing campus facilities to be immunized against COVID-19 or declare an exemption from doing so. The systemwide policy can be found at COVID-19 Vaccination Interim Policy and any questions may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cal Poly Pomona Foundation, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, Cal Poly Pomona Foundation, Inc. may provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages both prospective and current employees to discuss potential accommodation with the employer.
To apply for this job please visit secure4.saashr.com.