University Enterprises, Inc. (UEI) is seeking an Administration and Operations Assistant for the Institute for Social Research (ISR) at Sacramento State. The Institute for Social Research (ISR) is a Sacramento State research center located at the new Sacramento State downtown location. We work with state and local agencies, nonprofit organizations, and the academic community to conduct applied research studies about programs, policies, and communities. ISR offers a broad range of analytical services including survey research, program/policy evaluations, and other social science research. ISR is a self-supporting center, operating with twelve full-time professional staff, in addition to graduate research assistants, and faculty associates. Read more about the work we do here www.csus.edu/isr.
UEI offers an excellent benefits package that includes:
- UEI contribution to a TIAA retirement plan after one year of service
- Paid Vacation Time
- Paid Sick Time
- Paid Holidays – 13 paid holidays per year including paid time off the week between Christmas Day and New Year’s Day as the CSUS campus is closed
- Excellent medical benefits – 100% employer-paid medical & dental for employee-only coverage and low cost for family coverage
Apply online at https://secure6.saashr.com/ta/6158859.careers?ShowJob=436660137. This position is open until filled with a priority review date of August 19, 2022.
Pay Rate: $17.45 – $26.18 per hour
Sacramento State requires all campus employees, including auxiliary employees, to be fully vaccinated, including a booster, against COVID-19 unless they have a qualifying exemption.
The position performs a range of clerical and coordination functions within ISR. Principal functions include providing administrative support to Directors, Finance and Administrative Manager (F&A Manager), and ISR Staff; assisting in monitoring multiple projects to ensure compliance with established policies and procedures; and promoting efficient operation. The position reports directly to and receives supervision from the Finance and Administrative Manager (F&A Manager) or the ISR Directors. The position may provide work direction to temporary employees such as student assistants.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Performs clerical functions such as word processing, data entry, and related tasks to facilitate efficient operation of ISR and its resources. Provides general information and assistance to staff, students, faculty, and clients, in person and/or over the phone. Interacts with others in a professional manner and maintains confidentiality of information.
- Performs first-line front desk duties, including greeting and directing visitors to the ISR office and fielding phone calls to appropriate resources or staff. Maintains the ISR-info email account and directs questions to the appropriate staff. Arranges for parking permits for office visitors. Distributes mail and assembles and assists with large-scale mailings. Sends out electronic mailers including but not limited to ISR newsletters, and ISR project work features.
- Works with F&A Manager and project-level staff to track ISR and project expenditures, account balances, and client invoices. Prepares check requests, purchase order requests, travel requests, and consultant agreements consistent with contractual, budgetary, and procedural requirements and submits them to the F&A Manager for approval.
- Reviews and implements enhancements of office procedures and operations, as needed. Establishes and maintains office files and record-keeping systems including confidential information and data. Maintains ISR report catalogue. Maintains contact lists for staff, clients, and other community stakeholders. Compiles and maintains staff training logs and reminds staff when annual trainings are due.
- Assists with updating internal tracking and documentation as needed, prepares weekly agendas for staff meetings and takes notes. Reviews internal time tracking documents and task update documents for completeness and accuracy to support the F&A Manager in finance and invoice tasks.
- Works with project staff in the compilation and production of project reports, ISR publications and other materials including preparation of e-documents, web postings, printing and duplicating.
- Maintains ISR master calendar, notifies Directors and project staff of important operational deadlines and due dates. Schedules both internal and external meetings for ISR. Provides calendaring support for the Directors.
- Coordinates travel and location arrangements for field data collection and other professional involvements such as participation in trainings and attendance at conferences. Coordinates public events held with community and university partners (e.g., research presentations, trainings, etc.) as well as social gatherings for staff and stakeholders.
- Monitors and maintains accurate inventories of office supplies and equipment. Creates office supply orders as needed. Monitors office equipment, software, and service contracts. Schedules servicing and maintenance of computers and office equipment. Creates IRT and ICT tickets. Works with UEI Properties Services office to coordinate work orders and other issues related to building maintenance.
- Researches and posts weekly social media updates to ISR social media accounts and updates ISR website.
- Assists with miscellaneous project work including but not limited to: compiling receipts, printing training documents, assembling binders, etc.
- Assists with onboarding new ISR staff including requesting keys, setting up phone lines, and ensuring they have completed all of their internal paperwork. Assists with departing employees including collecting keys and collecting final paperwork. Completes EAA and separation forms as needed.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Demonstrated experience in a clerical or administrative role.
- Demonstrated skills in modern office systems, methods, procedures, and practices.
- Demonstrated knowledge of basic budget maintenance procedures and practices; ability to analyze operational and procedural problems and develop proposed solutions.
- Demonstrated experience using word processing, spreadsheets, email, and database software, such as the programs in the Microsoft Office Suite.
- Demonstrated experience creating and maintaining spreadsheets for data maintenance and generating detailed reports.
- Excellent command of the English language including grammar, spelling, and punctuation.
- Demonstrated ability to function effectively in a detail-oriented capacity.
- Demonstrated experience working independently including the ability to coordinate many different tasks simultaneously, to determine the relative importance of each task, to set and meet deadlines, and to complete projects accordingly.
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with a variety of students, staff, faculty, and the surrounding community and to maintain the integrity of sensitive, confidential information.
- Demonstrated excellent written and verbal communication skills. Demonstrated ability to write business correspondence in response to consultants, contractors, or internal staff inquiries. Demonstrated ability to initiate and maintain communication with both internal and external customers.
- Must pass a background check, which may include fingerprinting. Must continue to meet the established standards.
- Demonstrated experience in a university research-oriented environment, including work with grants and contracts.
- Demonstrated experience effectively communicating and working with all levels of employees and/or customers while maintaining a professional demeanor and exercising tact and good judgment.
- Experience supporting a management-level position.
To apply for this job please visit secure6.saashr.com.