University Enterprises, Inc. (UEI) at Sacramento State is seeking an Administrative Coordinator (Operations and Personnel) for the Career Center’s Sacramento Valley College Corps project. Sacramento State is among the selected 45 campuses statewide for the inaugural #CaliforniansForAll College Corps program. Sacramento State, UC Davis, Sacramento City College, and Woodland Community College form the regional Sacramento Valley College Corps (SVCC). Led by the California Volunteers, Office of the Governor, the #CaliforniansForAll College Corps initiative has three goals: engage college students in meaningful service to build leadership and civic responsibility; promote academic success and economic well-being with students from diverse backgrounds; and to support the work of community-based organizations in key local priorities: K-12 Education, Climate Action, Food Insecurity. View more information at https://www.csus.edu/student-life/career-center/spotlight/college-corps.html
RATE OF PAY: $18.76 – $28.14 per hour
BENEFITS: UEI offers an excellent benefits package that includes:
- UEI contribution to a TIAA retirement plan after one year of service
- Paid Vacation Time
- Paid Sick Time
- Paid Holidays – 13 paid holidays per year including paid time off the week between Christmas Day and New Year’s Day as the CSUS campus is closed
- Excellent medical benefits – 100% employer-paid medical & dental for employee-only coverage and low cost for family coverage
- Educational Assistance Program for employees and/or dependents
FILING DEADLINE: December 4, 2022
APPLY ONLINE: To be considered, all applicants must apply through the UEI website at https://secure6.saashr.com/ta/6158859.careers?ShowJob=453426584
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT: This position is a full-time, non-exempt (eligible for overtime pay), benefited position, with a defined contribution retirement plan through TIAA. (The position is not covered under the California Public Employees’ Retirement System.) Continued employment in this position is dependent upon funding and the mutual consent of University Enterprises and the employee, and either University Enterprises or the employee, can, at any time, terminate the employment relationship at will, with or without cause. Program continuation is contingent upon funding.
Sacramento State requires all campus employees, including auxiliary employees, to be fully vaccinated, including a booster, against COVID-19 unless they have a qualifying exemption.
- Demonstrated professional experience in a customer service, administrative, or analyst position within office or program operations including clerical functions such as word processing, filing, copying, answering phones, and typing.
- Experience tracking budgets or expenditures.
- Experience with personnel procedures such as employment screening, background checks, onboarding, or timesheet management.
- Experience with records management including demonstrated experience working with and maintaining sensitive, confidential records and information.
- Demonstrated experience using computer applications including email, spreadsheets, word processing, and video conferencing software such as the programs in the Microsoft Office Suite.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills including excellent command of English language including grammar, spelling, and punctuation.
- Ability to communicate with and work effectively and cooperatively within the department and program, interdepartmentally, and with external partners. Demonstrated experience effectively communicating and working with all levels of community partners, grant representatives, students, staff, and faculty while maintaining a professional demeanor and exercising tact and good judgment. Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with customers, applicants, and employees.
- Must be fingerprinted and pass a background check. Must continue to meet the established standards.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Public Administration, Human Resources, Communications, or related field, or equivalent combination of education and/or work experience.
- Experience with university data systems such as ONBASE and CMS.
- Experience with Adobe Acrobat document conversion and Adobe Sign.
- Experience with student hiring, timesheet coordination, pay tracking, academic/financial eligibility verifications, and background check adjudication.
- Knowledge of financial aid scholarship and financial aid requirements.
- Experience working with grant-funded programs and/or AmeriCorps-supported programs.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The position performs administrative coordination functions in support of the program operations and personnel of the Sacramento State Career Center’s Sacramento Valley College Corps (SVCC) project, which facilitates the recruitment, enrollment, tracking, and retention of 100-150 college student fellows. The position reports directly to and receives general supervision from the Hornet Campus SVCC Project Director and Career Center Leadership.
The specific duties and responsibilities are as follows:
- Performs clerical functions such as word processing, taking and transcribing minutes, computer data entry, and related tasks to facilitate the program operation, planning, and implementation.
- Monitors, processes, and maintains the program budget, expenses, invoices, contracts, and related records. Completes and files paperwork for service contracts and supplies purchases.
- Establishes and maintains physical and digital office files and record-keeping systems, including confidential information and data for complex and confidential interdepartmental data-sharing.
- Monitors and maintains accurate inventories of office supplies and equipment.
- Schedules facility reservations and prepares parking permit requests and vouchers for special events and activities.
- Schedules team and partner meetings and other program sessions. Attends and reports back on consortium partner meetings, subcommittee meetings, student advising sessions, and other meetings as necessary.
- Maintains the Directors’ appointment schedules and calendar of activities, and schedules staff meetings. Reminds staff of scheduled events and reschedules appointments or meetings as necessary to accommodate unexpected changes in priorities or work schedules.
- Prepares travel requests and coordinates travel arrangements for Director, staff, and other project collaborators. Completes event/training registration and prepares and submits travel claims.
- Assists with tracking tasks and due dates of grant and program requirements.
- Serves as primary human resources liaison for staff and student fellows.
- Coordinates staff and student assistant hiring paperwork, including MPP/Staffing agreements, and ensures new hires receive office policies and procedures.
- Reminds department employees to submit their time report via the online timekeeping system and maintains attendance records. Works with the UEI Payroll department to resolve discrepancies.
- Liaises with the consortium Fiscal Lead agency, campus Financial Aid, Payroll, Academic Affairs, Fellow Coordinators, Cal Volunteers, and other stakeholders to coordinate student fellow personnel and pay processes.
- Works with campus Financial Aid to verify current and prospective Fellow eligibility and to monitor eligibility, participation, and award status. Works with Administrative Analyst to maintain tracking lists and generate reports.
- Coordinates and reviews the results of any student Fellow pre-enrollment clearance requests including but not limited to background checks (including Live Scan).
- Provides support to team members with Fellow phone calls, emails, and other communications outreach.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned by the Director to ensure the success of the program and its participants.
***AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER***
To apply for this job please visit secure6.saashr.com.