University Enterprises, Inc. (UEI) at Sacramento State is seeking an Administrative Support Coordinator II for the Center for Teaching and Learning. The mission of the Center of Teaching and Learning is to empower the teaching and learning community by providing mentoring and supporting evidence-based and inclusive practices that engage teaching excellence to enhance and transform student learning experiences.
RATE OF PAY: $23.63 – $35.45 per hour
BENEFITS: UEI offers an excellent benefits package that includes:
- UEI contribution to a TIAA retirement plan after one year of service
- Paid Vacation Time
- Paid Sick Time
- Paid Holidays – 14 paid holidays per year including paid time off the week between Christmas Day and New Year’s Day as the CSUS campus is closed
- Excellent medical benefits – 100% employer-paid medical & dental for employee-only coverage and low cost for family coverage
- Educational Assistance Program for employees and/or dependents
- View a comprehensive list of all of the benefits at https://www.enterprises.csus.edu/wp-content/uploads/UEI_Benefits-At-A-Glance-Brochure_Projects.pdf
FILING DEADLINE: This position is open until filled with a priority review date of Monday, January 29, 2024
APPLY ONLINE: To be considered, all applicants must apply through the UEI website. Applicants who apply outside of this link will not be considered. https://secure6.saashr.com/ta/6158859.careers?ShowJob=537298998
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT: This position is a full-time, non-exempt (eligible for overtime pay), benefited position, with a defined contribution retirement plan through TIAA. (The position is not covered under the California Public Employees’ Retirement System.) Continued employment in this position is dependent upon funding and the mutual consent of University Enterprises and the employee, and either University Enterprises or the employee, can, at any time, terminate the employment relationship at will, with or without cause. Program continuation is contingent upon funding.
The selected candidate must furnish proof of eligibility to work in the United States. University Enterprises, Inc. is not a sponsoring agency (i.e. H-1B Visa).
It is strongly recommended that all University Enterprises, Inc. employees follow COVID-19 vaccine recommendations adopted by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the California Department of Public Health (CDPH) applicable to their age, medical condition, and other relevant indications.
1. Demonstrated professional experience in an administrative support or customer service position within an office or other administrative environment.
2. Demonstrated knowledge of current office methods and practices including effective typing, word processing, and telephone skills.
3. Demonstrated experience using standard business computer software, including email, word processing, and spreadsheet applications, such as the programs in the Microsoft Office Suite.
4. Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills including excellent command of the English language including grammar, spelling, and punctuation.
5. Demonstrated knowledge of basic budget maintenance procedures and practices; ability to perform business math, analyze budgetary data, and make accurate projections based on interpreting the data presented.
6. Ability to analyze operational and procedural problems and develop, recommend, and evaluate proposed solutions.
7. Demonstrated ability to work effectively and cooperatively with all levels of management, staff, faculty, and vendors.
8. Demonstrated experience working independently including the ability to coordinate many different tasks simultaneously, to determine the relative importance of each task, to set and meet deadlines, and to complete projects accordingly.
9. Ability to use and quickly learn new office support technology systems and software packages.
10. Basic knowledge of web-based, interactive meeting systems, such as Zoom or Microsoft Teams.
11. Ability to maintain the secrecy of confidential information.
12. Must pass a background check, which may include fingerprinting. Must continue to meet the established standards.
1. Ability to understand and operate in a variety of organizational structures.
With or without a reasonable accommodation: Sit for extended periods; frequently stand and walk; manual dexterity and eye-hand coordination; corrected hearing and vision to normal range; verbal communication; use of office equipment including computers, telephones, calculators, copiers, printers, scanners, fax machines, and lift or move boxes weighing up to 25 pounds.
Work is performed in an office environment or at home; continuous contact with staff, students, campus community, the public, and other agencies.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Administrative Support Coordinator II performs duties in support of the STEM4Equity grant for the Center for Teaching and Learning, performing administrative duties of considerable scope and complexity requiring initiative and judgment. The responsibilities of the position include but are not limited to overseeing and tracking budget expenditures and transfers for grants; coordinating events; scheduling and maintaining the Director’s calendar; and acting as an internal and external resource for the STEM4Equity grant. The Administrative Support Coordinator II reports directly to and receives general supervision from the Director of the Center for Teaching and Learning or their designee. The position may provide work direction to student assistants.
The specific duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. Performs administrative support duties related to the STEM4Equity grant such as processing payment paperwork for the various programs associated with the grant, maintaining the budget and keeping record of all expenses to the grant, answering emails, archiving materials for the Internal Controls Manual, taking and transcribing minutes, computer data entry, and related tasks to facilitate the operation of the STEM4Equity grant for the Center for Teaching and Learning.
2. Maintains calendar of activities related to the STEM4Equity grant. Reminds staff of scheduled events and re-schedules appointments or meetings as necessary to accommodate unexpected changes in priorities or work schedules.
3. Establishes and maintains office files and record keeping systems including confidential information and data. Maintains the secrecy of confidential information.
4. Oversees and tracks budget expenditures and transfers between CSU campuses for grants administered on behalf of the CSU Faculty Developments Council and CSU special projects.
5. Assists with STEM4Equity event planning including logistics, hospitality, and administrative support.
6. Proofreads and distributes call for proposals, organizes applications, and coordinates the review and ranking of the proposals under the guidance of program Lead Facilitators. Disburses funds after the award is granted as well as ensuring the archiving and recording of products and presentations that result from these programs.
7. Supervises the creation and preparation of forms and online surveys for various purposes.
8. Oversees flyer design for event announcements.
9. Reminds department employees to submit their paper and online forms related to Faculty Agreements. Works with the UEI Payroll department to resolve discrepancies.
10. Collects and archives data on professional development programs on a quarterly basis.
11. Performs other duties as assigned by the Director to ensure the success of the program and its participants.
Note: This position vacancy is with University Enterprises Inc., an auxiliary organization of California State University, Sacramento. This is not a University position; the incumbent will be an employee of University Enterprises.
***AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER***