APPLICATION ANALYST III
University Enterprises, Inc. (UEI) at Sacramento State is seeking a Application Analyst III for IT, Business Services department.
The Information Technology (IT) department supports the technological and infrastructure needs of University Enterprises, Inc. In support of UEI’s mission and goals, IT provides data security, cost-effective access to technology, and assistance and advice in its use. As part of our high-level service, we administer end user technical support, server and operations management, IT governance and project management, network hardware and software support, financial system support, information security, strategic initiatives and planning, and computer training.
RATE OF PAY: $7,183 – $10,774 per month – Hiring range starting at $7,500 per month.
BENEFITS: UEI offers an excellent benefits package that includes:
· Participation in CalPERS Retirement Program
· Paid Vacation Time – starting at 10 hours accrued/month
· Paid Sick Time – 8 hours accrued/month
· Paid Holidays – 14 paid holidays per year including paid time off the week between Christmas Day and New Year’s Day as the CSUS campus is closed
· Excellent medical benefits – 100% employer-paid medical & dental for employee-only coverage and low cost for family coverage
· Educational Assistance Program for employees and/or dependents
· Childcare subsidy
· View a comprehensive list of all the benefits at https://simplebooklet.com/benefitsataglance.
FILING DEADLINE: This position is open until filled with a priority review date of September 24, 2023.
APPLY ONLINE: To be considered, all applicants must apply through the UEI website at
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT: This is a full-time, exempt from overtime, benefited position, covered under the California Public Employees’ Retirement System. Continued employment in this position is dependent upon the mutual consent of University Enterprises, Inc. (UEI) and the employee, and either University Enterprises or the employee can, at any time, terminate the employment relationship at will, with or without cause.
The selected candidate must furnish proof of eligibility to work in the United States. University Enterprises, Inc. is not a sponsoring agency (i.e. H-1B Visa).
It is strongly recommended that all University Enterprises, Inc. employees follow COVID-19 vaccine recommendations adopted by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the California Department of Public Health (CDPH) applicable to their age, medical condition, and other relevant indications.
1. Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, MIS or related area or equivalent combination of education, training, and/or work experience.
2. Demonstrated experience with the analysis of user needs and feasibility studies within the scope of application development and maintenance.
3. Demonstrated experience as a project leader. Ability to lead concurrent project teams using common project management tools.
4. Demonstrated experience with business functions and processes such as department process analysis.
5. Demonstrated familiarity with relational databases and client-server concepts. Ability to query databases with tools such as SQL or MS Visual Basic and ability to write complex financial reports using vendor software and external reporting methods.
6. Demonstrated knowledge of principles, practices, and methods of data processing, information systems, and all phases of the software development life cycle.
7. Demonstrated experience in serving as an information systems consultant on the development and adaptation of computer applications; analyze equipment and software packages and make cost effective acquisition recommendations; to use and ensure proper and efficient utilization of data processing equipment and software; train users in the use of equipment and software; and talk to and interview others to obtain or exchange information.
8. Experience developing and writing thorough process documentation.
9. Demonstrated excellent oral, written, and inter-personal communication skills. Demonstrated ability to effectively function as part of a team and to successfully work with a wide variety of users.
10. Demonstrated ability to work with all levels of staff and management.
11. Must pass a background check, which may include fingerprinting. Must continue to meet the established standards.
1. Demonstrated experience managing major multiple, concurrent software projects.
2. Familiarity with security, Workflows, and shell script programming.
3. Demonstrated experience with report writing tools such as CDD, Crystal Reports or Cognos.
4. Ability to analyze and develop touchpoints between enterprise applications and ancillary applications, developing an understanding of web services, API’s, and other integration technologies.
5. Demonstrated experience with document management solutions.
6. Demonstrated administrative and troubleshooting experience with Cloud software products such as Adobe and Office 365.
7. Demonstrated experience in project management with a thorough understanding of project management tools while balancing multiple workload and responsibilities, establishing project milestones and timelines, and coordinating project teams to ensure project deadlines are met.
8. Experience working in enterprise systems in a higher education environment.
9. Demonstrated strong understanding of financial, accounting, human resources, and payroll systems, for example Central Square Finance and/or Kronos.
With or without a reasonable accommodation: Sit for extended periods; frequently stand and walk; manual dexterity and eye-hand coordination; corrected hearing and vision to normal range; verbal communication; use of office equipment including computers, telephones, calculators, copiers, printers, scanners, and fax machines.
Work is performed in an office environment, continuous contact with staff, the campus community, and the public.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
This position analyzes business processes, determines system needs, provides development support, and implements software systems designed to meet those needs at University Enterprises, Inc. (UEI). This position will review current business processes and procedures, document and improve upon them, perform needs analyses, define system requirements, provide software analysis, database administration, and ultimately acquire or design and build systems that fulfill these requirements for enterprise-level systems. The Analyst III will work alone and with project teams and operates with a strong emphasis on business process analysis and management of multiple concurrent projects. The Analyst III will partner with campus clients in running, growing, and transforming systems as directed by leadership. In addition, the incumbent will create end-user documentation as well as other supporting documents. Further, the position will train and assist end-users with software and equipment usage. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected. The position reports directly to and receives general direction from the IT Manager. The position receives work direction from the Information Technology Assistant Manager. May lead and direct the work of others.
The specific duties and responsibilities are as follows:
01. Works with the IT Assistant Manager and other department staff to review, analyze and evaluate UEI’s business systems, internal processes, and user needs working across departmental boundaries as necessary. Performs deep process analysis with departments and recommends solutions. Recommends modifications to existing systems or formulates new systems and processes to support business strategy and policy. Writes detailed descriptions of user needs, program functions, and the steps required to develop or modify computer software systems.
02. Assists with the design and integration development of UEI applications while ensuring data security and optimal application performance using knowledge of industry standard tools to ensure high quality and efficient systems are designed, developed, and implemented.
03. Works with the Assistant IT Manager to [jlc1] [SC2] [YBP3] support of the finance system (includes various modules such as Accounting, Human Resources/Payroll, and Grants Management).
04. Maintains application systems and proactively monitors for malware attacks and other system compromises.
05. Reviews, analyzes, and recommends modifications to existing programming systems, including testing, debugging, and installation. Consults with users to identify current operating procedures and to clarify program objectives. Writes documentation and procedures to coincide with new system updates.
06. Acts as a Project Manager and technical lead, in their area of expertise, for UEI’s Finance system[jlc4] [SC5] [YBP6] [jlc7] . Gives direction to other analysts on this project and others. Working with the Information Technology Assistant Manager, sets priorities as needed. Creates and leads project teams to develop integrated project plans, implementation schedules, and set and/or clarify project goals and objectives. Provides continuing work direction and leadership to ensure completion of project tasks. Tracks, monitors, and communicates project progress with the project team and the Assistant IT Manager and or IT Manager.
07. Works with end users to enhance, develop, and implement complex automated processes. Identifies needs for automation and writes requirements. Works with vendors to create processes with tools such as Workflow, automated scripts and various report writing tools.
08. Works as a liaison with UEI’s external software/hardware vendors to create processes with tools such as workflow, automated scripts, security, and report writing tools., Troubleshoots problems, enhances system software, and coordinates projects. Maintains relationships with the campus community.
09. Provides top level help desk support to answer user inquiries regarding hardware and software systems; researches and corrects system problems, or develops recommendations to improve information systems.
10. Maintains awareness of current and new technology and products that may benefit UEI; analyzes and determines new equipment and software needs; researches and recommends systems, equipment, and software modifications; and installs/troubleshoots new equipment and software.
11. Develops and conducts general and specialized user training on complex hardware/software installations that are not covered by other Information Technology staff.
12. Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Note: This position vacancy is with University Enterprises Inc., an auxiliary organization of California State University, Sacramento. This is not a University position; the incumbent will be an employee of University Enterprises. University Enterprises operates commercial enterprises on the California State University, Sacramento campus; it is responsible for grant and contract management and fiscal services for University research and sponsored programs and provides fiscal services to University related agencies and activities. University Enterprises is a non-profit corporation governed by a board of directors in conformance with the appropriate State of California codes and policy directives of the Board of Trustees and the campus administration.
University Enterprises is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to an active nondiscrimination program. It is the stated policy of University Enterprises that all employees and applicants shall receive equal consideration and treatment. All recruitment, hiring, placement, and promotions will be on a basis of qualifications of the individual for the position being filled, regardless of race, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, age (over 40 years), sex, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition (diagnosis or history of cancer)*, citizenship, veteran status, or physical or mental disability. Any persons who feel that they have been discriminated against in connection with an application for employment should contact University Enterprises’ Director of Human Resources at (916) 278-7003. *As defined in Section 12926(F), Government Code 12990.
***AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER***
In compliance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Police and Campus Crime Statistics Act, California State University, Sacramento has made crime reporting statistics available on-line at www.csus.edu/police/cleryact.htm. Print copies are available in the CSUS library and by request from the CSUS Office of Public Safety and the Office of the Vice President for Student Affairs.
To apply for this job please visit secure6.saashr.com.