University Enterprises, Inc. (UEI) is seeking a Human Resources Front Desk Assistant for the Human Resources Office at Sacramento State. Human Resources (HR) at University Enterprises, Inc. (UEI) is dedicated to recruiting, hiring, and training the organization’s employees and guiding and supporting management, staff, and customers in employee-related decisions. HR oversees benefits and compensation, manages the employee performance review process, and stays current with changing laws, issues, and regulations in all areas that affect UEI employees. Human Resources is committed to balancing the needs of the organization with fair and equitable treatment of employees and all others served.
UEI offers an excellent benefits package which includes:
- Participation in CalPERS Retirement Program
- Paid Vacation Time – Starting at 6.66 hours accrued/month
- Paid Sick Time – 8 hours accrued/month
- Paid Holidays – 13 paid holidays per year including paid time off the week between Christmas Day and New Year’s Day as the CSUS campus is closed
- Excellent medical benefits – 100% employer-paid medical & dental for employee-only coverage and low cost for family coverage
- Educational Assistance Program for employees or their dependents
Apply online at https://secure6.saashr.com/ta/6158859.careers?ShowJob=436660135 by August 19, 2022.
Pay Rate: $3,025 – $4,537 per month
Sacramento State requires all campus employees, including auxiliary employees, to be fully vaccinated, including a booster, against COVID-19 unless they have a qualifying exemption.
This position is the first point of contact for the University Enterprises, Inc. (UEI) Human Resources Department, and is expected to interact with employees and customers in a professional manner at all times. The position performs a variety of complex customer service and office support assignments in the UEI Human Resources Office; assists employees in completing employment paperwork, including coordinating orientations for new hires and re-hires; processes and tracks work clearances for International students; answers phones and receives visitors to the office; answers questions regarding personnel policies, procedures, and programs; explains the job application, posting and hiring procedures; may assist with reviewing and releasing on-line applications; and maintains confidential files of employees and applicants. Provides back up phone coverage and assists visitors for University Enterprises’ Administration Office, as needed.
This position receives general supervision from the Human Resources Operations Supervisor. This position monitors and provides work direction to Student Assistants.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Answers phones, directs callers, takes messages, monitors a general department email account, and performs verbal employment verifications. Greets office visitors and provides them with a variety of information about UEI Human Resources programs, policies, and procedures; answers questions; receives and assists with paperwork; and directs visitors to the appropriate department or individuals.
- Responds to written requests for employment verifications within appropriate timeframes, ensuring all information is reported accurately.
- Coordinates the new hire online onboarding process (individual, group, and out of the area) for student, temporary full-time, and part-time new hires and re-hires, which includes ensuring onboarding documents are completed timely and accurately. Ensures online onboarding documents are approved timely. Follows up on incomplete or late onboarding documents. Schedules appointments to view I-9 documents and answers any questions. Sends surveys to recent hires regarding their orientation experience.
- Maintains and monitors U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) paperwork (I-9 forms, etc.) for all employees ensuring completeness and compliance. Follows up on incomplete I-9 forms. Runs reports to track expiration of documents.
- Monitors, trains, and coordinates the work of student assistants in consultation with the Human Resources Operations Supervisor. Participates in the selection of student assistants.
- Works closely with the Sac State International Programs and Global Engagement Office to assist international students with questions and paperwork requirements of Sac State and the USCIS. Keeps current with changes in requirements for International Students and recommends procedure changes, as needed.
- Assists with the coordination of the background check (Live Scan) process.
- Ensures department mail is received, date and time stamped, and distributed. Applies postage and ensures outgoing mail is taken to the proper pick-up point at designated times.
- Assists applicants with using the online application system. May assist with reviewing and releasing on-line student/part-time employment applications to the appropriate hiring managers for further processing. Forwards applications requiring additional review to appropriate staff.
- Assists with processing employee records in the Human Resources Information System. Organizes and maintains filing systems. Ensures documents are filed into employee personnel files. Ensures all documents and benefited personnel files are filed accurately and in a timely manner.
- Prepares orders and maintains inventory of office supplies.
- Interacts with employees and customers in a professional manner and maintains confidentiality of information.
- Takes minutes during monthly staff meetings. Composes a variety of letters, reports, and documents.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
- Demonstrated work experience in performing a variety of office and customer service support assignments including front counter/receptionist experience.
- Demonstrated work experience in a customer service position interacting in person with the public.
- Demonstrated excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal relationship skills.
- Demonstrated experience effectively communicating and working with all levels of employees and/or customers while maintaining a professional demeanor and exercising tact and good judgment.
- Demonstrated work experience working with and maintaining sensitive, confidential information.
- Demonstrated knowledge of general office procedures, methods, and equipment.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and find solutions to problems and work independently.
- Demonstrated experience in word processing, spreadsheets, and data entry, such as the programs in the Microsoft Office Suite.
- Demonstrated skill working in a multi-cultural environment.
- Skill in working in a fast-paced environment with numerous interruptions while maintaining a professional atmosphere and exercising tact and good judgment.
- Ability to effectively lead and coordinate the work of Student Assistants for a professional and cohesive front desk operation.
- Must be fingerprinted and pass a background check. Must continue to meet the established standards.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and skill in the application of Human Resources policies and practices as they apply to a medium to large organization.
- Experience within a college or university environment.
- Experience with Ultimate Kronos Group (UKG) Workforce Ready software or similar HRIS/Payroll program.
To apply for this job please visit secure6.saashr.com.