University Enterprises, Inc. (UEI) at Sacramento State is seeking a Property Manager for Real Estate Services. Real Estate Services is the building and facility arm of University Enterprises, Inc. providing construction, building operations, and maintenance services with a small, well-trained, and effective team, Real Estate Services operates and maintains 520,000 square feet of UEI-owned facilities and 190,000 square feet of leased facilities on the Sacramento State campus and in adjacent neighborhoods. These properties include traditional retail, campus food operations, office space, warehousing, classrooms, student housing, and a historic period home.
RATE OF PAY: $5,304 – $7,957 per month
BENEFITS: UEI offers an excellent benefits package that includes:
- Participation in CalPERS Retirement Program
- Paid Vacation Time – starting at 10 hours accrued/month
- Paid Sick Time – 8 hours accrued/month
- Paid Holidays – 13 paid holidays per year including paid time off the week between Christmas Day and New Year’s Day as the CSUS campus is closed
- Excellent medical benefits – 100% employer-paid medical & dental for employee-only coverage and low cost for family coverage
- Educational Assistance Program for employees and/or dependents
- View a comprehensive list of all of the benefits at https://simplebooklet.com/benefitsataglance.
FILING DEADLINE: This position is open until filled with a priority review date of February 19, 2023
APPLY ONLINE: To be considered, all applicants must apply through the UEI website at https://secure6.saashr.com/ta/6158859.careers?ShowJob=470209132
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT: This is a full-time, exempt from overtime, benefited position, covered under the California Public Employees’ Retirement System. Continued employment in this position is dependent upon the mutual consent of University Enterprises, Inc. (UEI) and the employee, and either University Enterprises or the employee can, at any time, terminate the employment relationship at will, with or without cause.
Sacramento State requires all campus employees, including auxiliary employees, to be fully vaccinated, including a booster, against COVID-19 unless they have a qualifying exemption.
- Bachelor’s Degree in real estate, business, construction management, communications, public relations, marketing, or related fields or equivalent combination of education and/or work experience.
- Demonstrated experience working in property management, building maintenance, repair, and building systems in a supervisory position.
- Demonstrated experience supervising staff including leadership and team building, employee development, performance evaluations, and the ability to direct service providers and maintenance personnel to attain effective results.
- Demonstrated exceptional skills in detailed organizational planning, management, and supervision of Real Estate Services functions and building maintenance projects.
- Demonstrated experience reading and interpreting plans, drawings, schematics, and specifications.
- Demonstrated knowledge of computer systems and software applications related to planning, developing, scheduling, and performing building maintenance, and repair projects, including computerized building equipment control systems.
- Demonstrated experience using email, word processing, spreadsheets, and databases such as the programs in the Microsoft Office Suite.
- Excellent interpersonal relationship skills with an ability to resolve issues and problems in an effective and professional manner.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, with many projects at the same time, meeting deadlines and budget restrictions.
- Demonstrated knowledge of work safety practices and codes related to building maintenance, construction, and repair work; and proper handling and storage of hazardous materials.
- Demonstrated experience planning, monitoring, and managing budgets.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate and write clearly. Exceptional writing, editing, and proofreading skills required.
- Must pass a background check, which may include fingerprinting. Must continue to meet the established standards.
- Must be legally eligible to drive in California, complete and pass an online training course, maintain a good driving record, and be acceptable for vehicle insurance coverage under the University Enterprises insurance plan. Must continue to meet the established driving standards, driving record will be monitored with the California Department of Motor Vehicles to ensure compliance.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the principles of planning; development; and the estimation of time, materials, and staff needs for budgeting and project management of capital and construction projects.
- Knowledge of health, sanitation, and employee work condition ordinances related to food service operations and building services.
- Demonstrated experience scheduling and supervising minor construction projects and completion of maintenance work.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The position manages and oversees management, direction, planning, organization, and supervision of all matters related to the maintenance, repair, and upkeep of the University Enterprises, Inc. (UEI) facilities and buildings (on and off campus), and associated equipment. This position supervises matters related to tenant relations and the use, maintenance, and operations of assigned facilities and/or properties. This position oversees the hiring, training, scheduling, supervision, and review of assigned Real Estate Services department staff. This position prepares and implements the property and department budgets and projections, drafts and manages service contract proposals, and implements safety and security systems, and coordinates and manages construction, remodel, and various other assigned projects. The position coordinates within the department and with other UEI departments for property or facility-related issues. The position reports directly to and receives general direction from the Director, Real Estate Services or the Assistant Director, Real Estate Services. Reporting directly to the position are the Assistant Property Manager(s) I and/or II. May supervise the Real Estate Services Administrative Assistant. This position works with UEI departmental staff, University staff, and service/maintenance and facility vendors. This position supervises or provides lead work direction to other Real Estate Services staff and third-party vendors, as needed.
The specific duties and responsibilities are as follows:
- Organizes, manages, directs, and/or oversees supervision of the maintenance, upkeep, and repair of UEI buildings, facilities, HVAC equipment, and associated equipment; plans, oversees scheduling, and coordination of daily projects and work order requests; and ensures that all maintenance and repair, construction, and demolition work performed for UEI is in compliance with the applicable codes, regulations, and standards. Prepares written reports, summaries, updates, and schedules for supervisor and directors’ committees.
- Coordinates with Real Estate Services staff and vendors to modify service schedules, convey and exchange information, determine special needs and work in progress, and address requests, complaints, and problems. Meets with management, Dining Services staff, and other UEI and University staff to plan building projects and maintenance, as assigned. Assists with the development of short and long-range plans.
- Prepares, presents, and implements annual operating budget(s) for properties and/or facilities for revenue, maintenance, and related operations. Projects, monitors, and tracks expenditures of assigned projects, properties, and/or facilities. Assists Assistant Director/Director, Real Estate Services with the department budget, as needed. Manages or oversees management of lease administration and rent collection. Provides document management support for construction projects as assigned.
- Primary facilities/property manager overseeing properties both on and off campus as assigned. Develops proposals and budgets for building maintenance and construction work performed by outside contractors. Reads, interprets, and understands plans, drawings, schematics, and specifications. Investigates, interviews, assesses, and recommends contracts for vendor services, supervises building work to be done; and follows up to resolve problems and discrepancies or differences with tenants and/or contractors. Coordinates and assists projects/departments with system furniture acquisition, and data network, security, fire monitoring, and telecommunications equipment setup and/or installation.
- Supervises, trains, evaluates, coaches, and mentors assigned staff consistent with UEI personnel policies and procedures. Oversees the hiring, scheduling, and development of assigned Real Estate Services staff. Oversees and assists with the hiring, training, scheduling. and development of long-term third-party service providers (e.g., janitorial, maintenance technician).
- Regularly inspects assigned facilities and assists Assistant Property Manager I and/or II to identify maintenance and repair needs, which includes satellite facilities. Oversees the work of vendors/contractors. Represents Real Estate Services in contacts with the campus community, tenants, and contractors involved with building maintenance and repair projects.
- Manages and coordinates building contractors assigned to projects; assists with coordinating and administering city, county, University, and state agency inspections, code approvals, and regulatory compliance.
- Maintains safety and security systems. Manages the access control, key control and key issue, security code authorization, and employee training on the systems. Ensures fleet vehicles are maintained, safety checked, and updated with appropriate insurance. Oversees and implements safety committee directives and safety corrective actions.
- Conducts regularly scheduled meetings to ensure complete and effective communication between work groups and management. Implements and follows all UEI personnel policies and procedures.
- Provides public and tenant relations and first contact with tenants and neighbors of assigned facilities.
- Manages and gives approvals for accurate payment of vendor invoices. Manages the preparation of and gives approvals on accurate tenant billings.
- Uses a computer and appropriate calendaring software for work scheduling, building monitoring, security systems, and budget tracking.
- Oversees the supervision and/or coordination of special events requiring custodial, Information Technology, or set-up services at UEI properties and/or facilities.
- Works a varying schedule, as part of an on-call rotation, in order to respond to maintenance or emergency issues reported after hours, weekends, and holidays as necessary to ensure the safety and maintenance of UEI buildings and/or facilities.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Note: This position vacancy is with University Enterprises Inc., an auxiliary organization of California State University, Sacramento. This is not a University position; the incumbent will be an employee of University Enterprises.
***AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER***
To apply for this job please visit secure6.saashr.com.