University Enterprises, Inc. (UEI) at Sacramento State is seeking a Senior Web Application Developer for the Office of Water Programs (OWP). OWP publishes the industry standard in drinking water and wastewater training materials and provides valuable, science-based applied research services for water management in California and elsewhere.
RATE OF PAY: $6,590 – $9,884 per month
BENEFITS: UEI offers an excellent benefits package that includes:
- Participation in CalPERS Retirement Program
- Paid Vacation Time – starting at 10 hours accrued/month
- Paid Sick Time – 8 hours accrued/month
- Paid Holidays – 13 paid holidays per year including paid time off the week between Christmas Day and New Year’s Day as the CSUS campus is closed
- Excellent medical benefits – 100% employer-paid medical & dental for employee-only coverage and low cost for family coverage
- Educational Assistance Program for employees and/or dependents
- View a comprehensive list of all of the benefits at https://www.enterprises.csus.edu/wp-content/uploads/UEI_Benefits-At-A-Glance-Brochure_OWP.pdf
FILING DEADLINE: This position is open until filled with a priority review date of March 27, 2023.
APPLY ONLINE: To be considered, all applicants must apply through the UEI website at https://secure6.saashr.com/ta/6158859.careers?ShowJob=486940302
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT: This is a full-time, exempt from overtime, benefited position, covered under the California Public Employees’ Retirement System. Continued employment in this position is dependent upon the mutual consent of University Enterprises, Inc. (UEI) and the employee, and either University Enterprises or the employee can, at any time, terminate the employment relationship at will, with or without cause.
Sacramento State requires all campus employees, including auxiliary employees, to be fully vaccinated, including a booster, against COVID-19 unless they have a qualifying exemption.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Management Information Systems or related field or equivalent combination of education and/or work experience.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English. Demonstrated ability to work well with people of diverse technical skill levels. Demonstrated ability to assist others through periods of technological transition.
- Demonstrated experience with IT systems and programming.
- Demonstrated familiarity with computer network and system security issues and responses.
- Demonstrated experience with Perl and PHP programming, especially object-oriented programming experience and developing applications using PHP, Perl, Python, or Ruby.
- Demonstrated experience with application software/system development and maintenance, specifically with client-server and three-tier architecture.
- Demonstrated organizational skills needed to plan, prioritize, and coordinate multiple projects and delegate and supervise IT staff and outside vendors in implementation.
- Demonstrated ability to perform business process and computer system analysis and recommend and implement improvements.
- Demonstrated ability to write computer system and business process documentation for both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, organizational skills, and attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain and improve skills and expertise to stay current with technical progress in the IT field.
- Demonstrated experience supervising staff.
- Must pass a background check, which may include fingerprinting. Must continue to meet the established standards.
- Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Management Information Systems or related field or equivalent equivalent combination of education and/or work experience.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Senior Web Developer acts as the Technical Advisor for the Office of Water Programs (OWP) and is responsible for overall IT systems analysis, design, modifications, installation, and maintenance of application programs, integrated systems, or software solutions including databases to meet user and organizational information needs. This position is designed to support the activities and needs of the OWP. The position reports to and receives general direction from the Associate Director of Administration. The position supervises Web Application Developers and student assistants. The incumbent is expected to work independently, without technical supervisory support.
The specific duties and responsibilities are as follows:
- Analyzes user system and application needs, determines and evaluates alternative solutions and approaches to meeting those needs, and selects the optimal technology solution.
- Develops specifications and requirements for the optimal integration and implementation of systems and equipment by developing requests for proposals for system components, evaluating specifications and requirements against available systems, designing fully integrated systems which may include applications, databases, networks, and related systems and ensuring system integrity and efficiency.
- Defines tasks, develops schedules, delegates and/or performs some of the tasks, monitors the progress, and updates OWP management and/or project managers on project status and any schedule changes.
- Designs application programs that meet user requirements to optimize the use of available resources such as: developing program specifications and reviewing them with the user to ensure that requirements are met, designing user-friendly interfaces to systems, applications, and databases, recommending modifications to third-party software to meet user needs, and acting as a software vendor liaison.
- Develops succinct, timely programming code or modifies software in a logical fashion to optimize programming resources and meet functional user requirements.
- Reviews, analyzes, modifies, and documents programming systems including encoding, testing, debugging, and installing to support the OWP’s business applications.
- Maintains the OWP website and online activities. Develops the interface for the official website for the OWP including developing the interface that will be used by OWP webmaster. Enhances the online presence of the Program by providing e-commerce, online training, training records access, water jobs classified ad system, topical discussion lists, and chat rooms. Develops web-based software that accesses a relational database for office staff and off-site clients.
- Creates and updates necessary documentation including user documents, system documents, disaster recovery documents/plans, and provides advice to the Director in the area of IT services provided by Sacramento State Information Resources and Technology (IRT) such as servers, database maintenance, exchange servers, computer network, and security of the OWP computer systems.
- Maintains and improves skills and expertise in order to stay current with industry trends and technological advances in the IT field, and attends workshops, conferences, and seminars as needed.
- Assists OWP IT Staff with desktop support – O/S support, installation, and upgrades; software installation; user support, including but not limited to: MS Office, C2k, email, etc.
- Maintains clear communication channels with OWP management, and provides updates on the status of projects and any scheduling changes. Recommends and advises management on equipment needs, new process automation, personnel needs, and any implementation issues to better meet the OWP mission.
- Performs other job-related duties as required.
Note: This position vacancy is with University Enterprises Inc., an auxiliary organization of California State University, Sacramento. This is not a University position; the incumbent will be an employee of University Enterprises.
***AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER***
To apply for this job please visit secure6.saashr.com.