University Enterprises, Inc. (UEI) at Sacramento State is seeking a Web Application Developer for the Office of Water Programs (OWP). OWP publishes the industry standard in drinking water and wastewater training materials and provides valuable, science-based applied research services for water management in California and elsewhere.
RATE OF PAY: $6,130 – $9,195 per month
BENEFITS: UEI offers an excellent benefits package that includes:
- Participation in CalPERS Retirement Program
- Paid Vacation Time – starting at 10 hours accrued/month
- Paid Sick Time – 8 hours accrued/month
- Paid Holidays – 13 paid holidays per year including paid time off the week between Christmas Day and New Year’s Day as the CSUS campus is closed
- Excellent medical benefits – 100% employer-paid medical & dental for employee-only coverage and low cost for family coverage
- Educational Assistance Program for employees and/or dependents
- View a comprehensive list of all of the benefits at https://www.enterprises.csus.edu/wp-content/uploads/UEI_Benefits-At-A-Glance-Brochure_OWP.pdf
FILING DEADLINE: This position is open until filled with a priority review date of March 27, 2023.
APPLY ONLINE: To be considered, all applicants must apply through the UEI website at https://secure6.saashr.com/ta/6158859.careers?ShowJob=486940301
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT: This is a full-time, exempt from overtime, benefited position, covered under the California Public Employees’ Retirement System. Continued employment in this position is dependent upon the mutual consent of University Enterprises, Inc. (UEI) and the employee, and either University Enterprises or the employee can, at any time, terminate the employment relationship at will, with or without cause.
Sacramento State requires all campus employees, including auxiliary employees, to be fully vaccinated, including a booster, against COVID-19 unless they have a qualifying exemption.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Management Information Systems or related field or equivalent combination of education and/or work experience.
- Demonstrated experience developing web applications using PHP, Perl, Python, Ruby, or ASP.net.
- Demonstrated experience working with clients to develop web applications.
- Demonstrated experience writing SQL statements.
Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, organizational skills, and attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and prioritize duties, capable of coordinating many tasks by determining the importance of each task, follow established procedures, and work in a changing environment with multiple interruptions.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain and improve skills and expertise to stay current with technical progress in the IT field.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English, interpersonal skills, and skills to effectively function as part of a team.
- Must pass a background check, which may include fingerprinting. Must continue to meet the established standards.
- Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Management Information Systems or related field or equivalent combination of education and/or work experience.
- Experience with CVS, SVN or Git.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
This position develops software for the Office of Water Programs (OWP). The position manages the full life cycle of the web application development process. This includes but is not limited to designing and developing new applications, maintaining existing applications, responding to reported software defects, and providing support to fellow IT staff in implementing large and complex projects. The position reports to and receives general direction from the Senior Web Developer.
The specific duties and responsibilities are as follows:
- Conducts interviews with appropriate stakeholders such as management staff, end users, and third-party representatives to determine application requirements. Uses agile-like methodology, creates applications in a continuous loop of development, testing, deployment, and client feedback. Ensures that stakeholders are informed of the estimated timeline and cost analysis.
- Maintains, enhances, and troubleshoots existing web applications, including, but not limited to increasing functionality, preventing software defects, providing security, and optimizing for speed.
- Writes SQL statements and Stored Procedures for the retrieval, creation, and update of data stored in the database.
- Works with the Research group to develop web applications to share data with internal and external colleagues.
- Manages OWP software changes using source control.
- Maintains knowledge of OWP business procedures including processes used in the placement of orders, developing educational material, and administering exams. Recommends efficiency improvements including automating operational processes, where applicable.
Maintains and improves skills and expertise to stay current with technical progress in the IT field in order to develop next-generation web applications.
- Trains OWP staff on proper use of applications, as needed.
- Documents software, business processes, and other key facets of OWP software applications.
- Other job-related duties as assigned.
Note: This position vacancy is with University Enterprises Inc., an auxiliary organization of California State University, Sacramento. This is not a University position; the incumbent will be an employee of University Enterprises.
***AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER***
To apply for this job please visit secure6.saashr.com.