CALIFORNIA STATE UNIVERSITY, LOS ANGELES
Administrative Assistant, CSI (Administrative Support II)
Work week class: Non-exempt Work schedule: 5/40 hours to be arranged.
Mandated reporter: Limited reporter Weekends/evenings: May be required.
Annual rate: $44,000
Under the general supervision of the Director for the Center for Student Involvement (CSI), the Administrative Assistant will provide clerical and administrative support for the CSI and maintains an active partnership with the Associate Executive Director and the Union Business Office to support U-SU Administration.
Responsible To: Director for the Center for Student Involvement (CSI)
- A high school graduate is required. Community college attendee, certificate or degree preferred.
- An equivalent of one year office experience or education/training may be substituted for the year of experience.
- Willingness to work with an ethnically diverse and culturally pluralistic student body and staff.
- Ability to gain working knowledge of applicable U-SU/University policies and procedures required.
- Experience with business operations programs, software, and applications required.
- Creativity, motivation, organization, and multitasking skills are required.
- Ability to apply judgment, discretion, and initiative to address problems and develop appropriate solutions, referring complex issues to supervisor.
- Ability to communicate with front-line contacts, students, professionals, and other campus colleagues, requiring active problem-solving and effective interpersonal skills.
- Oral and written communication skills required.
- Ability to work closely with professional peers and student assistants.
- Familiarity with student activities, leadership development, or other student life-related positions is preferred.
- Performs administrative support and office coordination routinely.
- Coordinates check requisitions for program expenses and weekly corporate credit card processing with staff.
- Assists in preparing and monitoring vendor contracts.
- Assists with budget tracking and quarterly reporting.
- Coordinates travel requests, claims, and related travel requisitions with staff.
- Processes, submits and tracks Banquet Event Orders to University Auxiliary Services for staff.
- Prepares trip and ticket sales-related documents for programs with the U-SU Business Office.
- Facilitates daily tasks/projects with administrative student assistants.
- Covers department front desk during programming as needed.
- Supports student club funds administration in collaboration with U-SU Business Office
- Participates in U-SU, Student Life and University events as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
The review of applications will begin on February 29, 2024, and continue until the position is filled. A completed application, resume, and cover letter should be emailed to email@example.com Link to the application: https://www.calstatelausu.org/employment/forms/University-Student%20Union%20at%20Cal%20State%20LA%20Full-time%20Staff%20Employment%20Application%20(2023).pdf
A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily for an employment offer to remain valid. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current U-SU employees who apply for the position.
The person holding this position is considered a mandated reporter under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
To apply for this job please visit www.calstatelausu.org.