CALIFORNIA STATE UNIVERSITY, LOS ANGELES
Pan African Student Resource Center Coordinator
Cross Cultural Centers
Work week class: Non-exempt Work schedule: 5/40 hours to be arranged
Mandated reporter: Limited reporter Weekends/evenings: May be required
Annual rate: $51,570
The Coordinator, Cross Cultural Centers (CCC) will provide leadership and support to the daily programs and services of the CCC, including program planning, budget management, student services, resource development, community relations, and program assessment. This position will work as a team with the CCC staff, and work directly with programs and services related to the Pan African Student Resource Center (PASRC).
Responsible to: Director or Assistant Director, CCC (as assigned)
– Bachelor degree required Master’s degree in higher education/student affairs, ethnic/cultural studies or related field by employment date preferred.
– Awareness and ability to advocate for the concerns, pressures, and inequities of first-generation students in higher education, women, people of color, people with diverse genders and sexualities, and other marginalized communities required.
– Knowledge of and commitment to the principles of current student development, cultural competency, and leadership for social justice required.
– Creativity, high motivation, organization, and coordination abilities required.
– Strong communication and facilitation skills required.
– One to two years’ experience in student services, cross cultural/multicultural center, Pan African center or related social justice programming preferred.
– Knowledge of and skill in budgeting, fiscal management, and reporting.
– Skills related to current business operations including software and appropriate programs required.
– Public relations and promotion skills required, including use of social media, apps, and other digital publicity/marketing methods preferred.
– Experience in student services in a higher education setting preferred.
– Supervisory experience preferred.
– Provides leadership and supervision to student programming and staff related to the PASRC, serving as a resource in the planning and implementation of educational and cultural programs.
– Coordinates long and short term educational programs and services focusing on ethnicity, gender, class, student success, retention, graduation, and other related social and community issues.
– Coordinates Cultural Grad Celebrations with CCC team.
– Assesses programs and services to meet student needs and reflect current professional practices.
– Assists in developing the CCC calendar of events.
– Develop and assess marketing and social media campaigns for CCC events.
– Monitors all programming and publicity tasks and deadlines.
– Recruits, selects, trains, leads, and evaluates the center’s student assistants.
– Assists in developing and monitoring department budgets.
– Prepares and maintains program resource files (i.e. contracts, reservations, event information).
– Attends daytime, evening, and weekend events to ensure appropriate implementation.
– Attends California Council of Cultural Centers in Higher Education (CaCCCHE) quarterly meetings.
– Develops and maintains contacts and resources with Student Life, academic and administrative colleagues.
– Assists in the preparing handbooks, reports, brochures, and manuals for the department as needed.
– Coordinates other program or cultural centers, as needed.
– Performs other duties as assigned.
A completed application, resume, and cover letter should be emailed to email@example.com
To apply for this job please visit www.calstatelausu.org.