Facility Services Supervisor
(This is not a State/University Position)
SUMMARY: The Student Center Facility Services Supervisor is responsible for the day-to-day operation of the Student Center as it pertains to the Service Desk, Gaming Center, Building Student Manager program, and Conference & Event Services. The SC Facility Services Supervisor reports directly to the SC Assistant Director of Operations & Services.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Directly supervises the SC Conference & Events Coordinator, SC Facilities Assistant, selection, training, facilitating meetings and delegation of work.
* Conducts staff performance evaluations, sets unit/area goals, leads, and monitors workflow. Schedules staff and provides support during absences.
* Provides oversight for the day-to-day operation of the Service Desk, Gaming Center, and Building Student manager program.
* Provides oversight for the marketing, scheduling, and event planning for groups reserving the Student Center, Event Center, and University Quad.
* Communicates, interprets, and enforces all SC Facility Use and SC Reservation Policies and Procedures to a diverse group of faculty, staff, students, and off-campus guests along with the theory that supports said policies and procedures.
* Provides supervision for the Building Student Manager program, opening and closing procedures of the SC Facilities, ticket sales, laptop checkout and maintenance, copy and printing services, cash handling operation, Warrior Grill game equipment checkout, and Gaming Center equipment checkout.
* Reviews all SC Facility and Quad Rental Agreements for commercial/private groups reserving the SC facilities, ensures proper insurance coverage and compliance with risk requirements.
* Provides supervision for the tracking of all audio/visual equipment, facility furnishings, and equipment in the Student Center, Event Center, and University Quad. Maintains accurate inventory records of all facility equipment.
* Complies with Student Center and campus emergency evacuation procedures as Building Monitor which includes attending trainings and ensuring appropriate evacuation of the SC facilities. Responds to emergency calls in the SC facilities and contact University Police Department as directed.
* Provides supervision for the SC traffic counting software (Traf-Sys) including data collection of daily SC common area occupancy counts. Analyzes date and submits reports to the SC Assistant Director of Operations & Services.
* Along with the SC Building Operations Supervisor, supervises the facility key/access system for all ASI and SC staff.
* Makes recommendations to the SC Assistant Director of Operations & Services for changes and updates to policies and procedures related to facility use, services, reservations, and operating hours of the SC facilities, as well as recommendations for the replacement and/or the upgrade of equipment/furnishings and services offered.
* Provides backup support for staff when needed and serves in Assistant Director of Operations & Services place in their absence.
* Other related duties as assigned.
* Bachelor’s Degree in related field.
* Four years’ experience in facilities or project coordination.
* Principles of supervision and training.
* Strong interpersonal and group communication skills.
* Experience advising students and working in a diverse student population.
* Poses the ability to interpret and apply policies and exercise good judgment.
* Good public relations techniques.
* Maintenance of standard and computerized files and information retrieval systems.
* Modern office methods, procedures, and practices.
* English usage, spelling, grammar, and punctuation.
* Basic mathematics.
* Master’s degree in a related field.
* Knowledge of state and university policies and regulations as they relate to risk management, student activities, purchasing, and contract negotiations.
* Experience in a non-profit organization.
* Experience working in Higher Education.
TYPICAL PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
Sit for extended periods; frequently stand and walk; normal manual dexterity and eye-hand coordination; lift and move objects weighing up to 30 lbs.; corrected hearing and vision to normal range; verbal communication; use of office equipment, including computer, telephone, copiers.
Work is performed in an office environment and throughout the campus areas during student programs, continuous contact with other staff, students, faculty, and the public. Periodic travel is required for conferences, retreats and trainings, both in and out of state.
This position will work evenings and weekends depending on business needs. Work schedule could be Sunday – Thursday, 1-9:30PM. Hours may vary.
Satisfactory completion of a background check (which includes checks of employment records, education records, criminal records, civil records; and may include motor vehicle records, professional licenses, and sex offender registries, as position requires) is required for employment. SC will make a conditional offer of employment, which may be rescinded if the background check reveals disqualifying information, and/or it is discovered that the candidate knowingly withheld or falsified information. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants.
SC is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer:
SC will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, gender, gender identity, gender stereotyping, sexual orientation, genetic information, disability, age, marital status, veterans’ status, status with regard to public assistance, or on the basis of any other legally protected category.
Building Services – Supervisor II – $56,628 – $84,932
APPLY ONLINE: All applications must be submitted via the following link.