SUMMARY: The University Student Center Facility Services Manager is responsible for the day-to-day operation of the Student Center as it pertains to the Service Desk, Building Student Manager program, Conference & Event Services and Custodial Services. The SC Facility Services Manager reports directly to the SC Assistant Director of Operations & Services.
* Medical, dental, vision and life insurance (most paid at 100%)
* Pension – CalPERs Retirement
* 12 paid sick days per calendar year
* 16 paid holidays per calendar year
* 10 paid vacation days per calendar year (increases with 3 years of service)
* Educational Assistance Program
* Work with, and mentor students, on a day-to-day basis to enhance students’ lives.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Directly supervises the SC Conference & Events Coordinator, SC Facility Assistant and SC Custodial Services Coordinator, selection, training, facilitating meetings and delegation of work.
* Conducts staff performance evaluations, sets unit/area goals, leads, and monitors workflow. Schedules staff and provides support during absences.
* Provides oversight for the marketing, scheduling, and event planning for groups reserving the Student Center and Event Center.
* Communicates, interprets, and enforces all SC Facility Use and SC Reservation Policies and Procedures to a diverse group of students, staff, faculty, and off-campus guests.
* Directs the Building Student Manager program, including opening and closing procedures of the SC Facilities, ticket sales, laptop checkout and maintenance, copy and printing services, cash handling operation, and Warrior Grill game equipment checkout.
* Reviews and advises on all SC Facility Rental Agreements for commercial/private groups reserving the SC facilities, ensures proper insurance coverage and compliance with risk requirements.
* Ensures the proper tracking of all audio/visual equipment, facility furnishings, and equipment in the Student Center, and Event Center. Maintains accurate inventory records of all facility equipment.
* Complies with Student Center and campus emergency evacuation procedures as Building Monitor which includes attending trainings and ensuring appropriate evacuation of the SC facilities. Responds to emergency calls in the SC facilities and contact University Police Department as directed.
* Manages the SC traffic counting software (Traf-Sys) including data collection of daily SC common area occupancy counts. Analyzes data and submits reports to the SC Assistant Director of Operations & Services.
* Along with the SC Building Operations Supervisor, supervises the facility key/access system for all ASI and SC staff.
* Prepares, administers, and analyzes SC Custodial, SC Facilities and SC Conference & Event Services budgets, financial records, and payroll processes. Develops and administrative reports as needed.
* Makes recommendations to the SC Assistant Director of Operations & Services for changes and updates to policies and procedures related to facility use, services, reservations, and operating hours of the SC facilities, as well as recommendations for the replacement and/or the upgrade of equipment/furnishings and services offered.
* Provides backup support for staff when needed and serves in Assistant Director of Operations & Services place in their absence.
* Other related duties as assigned.
* Bachelor’s Degree in related field.
* Five years’ experience in facilities or project coordination.
* Principles of supervision and training.
* Strong interpersonal and group communication skills.
* Experience advising students and working in a diverse student population.
* Poses the ability to interpret and apply policies and exercise good judgment.
* Good public relations techniques.
* Maintenance of standard and computerized files and information retrieval systems.
* Modern office methods, procedures, and practices.
* English usage, spelling, grammar, and punctuation.
* Basic mathematics.
* Master’s degree in a related field.
* Knowledge of state and university policies and regulations in relation to risk management, student activities, purchasing, and contract negotiations.
* Experience in a non-profit organization.
* Experience working in Higher Education.
TYPICAL PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
Sit for extended periods; frequently stand and walk; normal manual dexterity and eye-hand coordination; lift and move objects weighing up to 30 lbs.; corrected hearing and vision to normal range; verbal communication; use of office equipment, including computer, telephone, copiers.
Work is performed in an office environment and throughout the campus areas during student programs, continuous contact with other staff, students, faculty, and the public. Periodic travel is required for conferences, retreats and trainings, both in and out of state.
This position may work evenings and weekends depending on business needs.
Satisfactory completion of a background check (which includes checks of employment records, education records, criminal records, civil records; and may include motor vehicle records, professional licenses, and sex offender registries, as position requires) is required for employment. SC will make a conditional offer of employment, which may be rescinded if the background check reveals disqualifying information, and/or it is discovered that the candidate knowingly withheld or falsified information. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants.
SC is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer:
SC will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, gender, gender identity, gender stereotyping, sexual orientation, genetic information, disability, age, marital status, veterans’ status, status with regard to public assistance, or on the basis of any other legally protected category.
Building Services – Manager – $66,643 – $88,001
APPLY ONLINE: All applications must be submitted via the following link.
ASI & SC Employment Opportunities | California State University Stanislaus (csustan.edu)
To apply for this job please visit www.csustan.edu.