University Enterprises, Inc. (UEI) is seeking a Human Resources Technician (Employment) for the Human Resources Office at Sacramento State. Human Resources (HR) at University Enterprises, Inc. (UEI) is dedicated to recruiting, hiring, and training the organization’s employees and guiding and supporting management, staff, and customers in employee-related decisions. HR oversees benefits and compensation, manages the employee performance review process, and stays current with changing laws, issues, and regulations in all areas that affect UEI employees. Human Resources is committed to balancing the needs of the organization with fair and equitable treatment of employees and all others served.
RATE OF PAY: $3,544 – $5,316 per month
BENEFITS: UEI offers an excellent benefits package that includes:
- Participation in CalPERS Retirement Program
- Paid Vacation Time – starting at 6.66 hours accrued/month
- Paid Sick Time – 8 hours accrued/month
- Paid Holidays – 14 paid holidays per year including paid time off the week between Christmas Day and New Year’s Day as the CSUS campus is closed
- Excellent medical benefits – 100% employer-paid medical & dental for employee-only coverage and low cost for family coverage
- Educational Assistance Program for employees and/or dependents
- Child care subsidy
- View a comprehensive list of all of the benefits at https://simplebooklet.com/benefitsataglance.
FILING DEADLINE: February 4, 2024
APPLY ONLINE: To be considered, all applicants must apply through the UEI website at https://secure6.saashr.com/ta/6158859.careers?ShowJob=537304093. Applicants who apply outside of this link will not be considered.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT: This is a full-time, non-exempt (eligible for overtime pay), benefited position that is covered under the California Public Employees’ Retirement System. Continued employment in this position is dependent upon the mutual consent of University Enterprises and the employee, and either University Enterprises or the employee can, at any time, terminate the employment relationship at will, with or without cause.
The selected candidate must furnish proof of eligibility to work in the United States. University Enterprises, Inc. is not a sponsoring agency (i.e. H-1B Visa).
It is strongly recommended that all University Enterprises, Inc. employees follow COVID-19 vaccine recommendations adopted by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the California Department of Public Health (CDPH) applicable to their age, medical condition, and other relevant indications.
1. Demonstrated experience in the application of Human Resources policies and practices as they apply to a medium to large organization.
2. Demonstrated experience in a variety of office support work. Demonstrated knowledge of general office procedures, methods, and equipment.
3. Excellent interpersonal relationship skills; ability to establish and maintain effective professional working relationships with customers and UEI personnel.
4. Excellent oral and written communication skills including excellent command of English language including grammar, spelling, and punctuation. Excellent proofreading and editing skills, including the ability to review and edit material for clarity, accuracy, overall consistency, and quality.
5. Demonstrated experience working with and maintaining sensitive, confidential information.
6. Self-directed with the ability to plan, organize, coordinate, and perform work independently and respond effectively and with flexibility to changes in priorities and deadlines. Ability to coordinate many different tasks, determine the relative importance of each, set deadlines, and complete projects accordingly.
7. Skill in working in a fast-paced environment with numerous interruptions while maintaining a professional atmosphere and exercising tact and good judgment.
8. Demonstrated ability to train others in the use of systems such as applicant tracking system; ability to clearly present to small and medium-sized groups.
9. Demonstrated experience using standard business computer software including email, word processing, and spreadsheets such as the programs in the Microsoft Office Suite.
10. Demonstrated experience working in a multi-cultural environment.
11. Demonstrated skill in computer data entry with attention to speed and accuracy.
12. Demonstrated ability to function effectively in a detail-oriented capacity and as part of a team.
13. Must be fingerprinted and pass a background check. Must continue to meet the established standards.
1. Demonstrated experience in recruiting for part-time and student assistant positions in a university environment.
2. Demonstrated knowledge of online applicant tracking systems and human resource information systems.
Sit for extended periods; frequently stand and walk; manual dexterity and eye-hand coordination; corrected hearing and vision to normal range; verbal communication; use of office equipment including computers, telephones, calculators, copiers, printers, scanners, and fax machines.
Work is performed in an office environment; continuous contact with staff, campus community, the public, and other agencies.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
This position performs various complex technical support functions in the employment area including reviewing and approving part-time and student jobs for posting, monitoring job postings, releasing applications, and assisting with recruitment outreach. The position is the primary Human Resources liaison for the California Intern Network (CAIN). The position answers questions regarding personnel policies, procedures, and programs. The position also serves as a backup to the Human Resources Assistant and to other Human Resources Technicians. The position reports directly to and receives general supervision from the Assistant Director, Human Resources. The position may receive work direction from the Director, Sponsored Program Administration. The position may provide periodic direction to Student Assistants.
The specific duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. Reviews, edits, and posts student jobs in the UEI applicant tracking system. Ensures postings are within appropriate guidelines, including but not limited to federal and state laws, such as EEO and ADA. Works with requesting manager or staff regarding any revisions or questions on the posting. Communicates with supervisor, CAIN staff, or other departments, as appropriate, for approvals or questions as needed.
2. Monitors job posting activity, releases applications, reviews positions with low applicant pools, and works with HR Staff, CAIN staff, and others on recruitment outreach including social media. Contacts hiring manager prior to position close date. Assists hiring manager with dispensing applicants, closing jobs, and designating them as filled.
3. Attends and/or assists with special events including job fairs, career days, group orientations, presentations, and other related events. Represents University Enterprises, Inc. (UEI) in a professional manner. Assists with preparing materials for the special events as needed.
4. Reviews and approves online hiring proposals and/or hiring requisition forms verifying all information is acceptable, communicating with the requesting manager or staff when necessary. Prior to approval, coordinates and reviews the results of any pre-employment clearance requests including but not limited to background checks (including Live Scan), drug tests, physicals, and TB tests. Monitors subsequent arrest notifications.
5. Works with the Human Resources Front Desk Assistant, clients, and applicants to ensure all new hire documents are completed.
6. Works with CAIN staff to answer questions about job posting requirements related to client contracts and grants.
7. Tracks data related to CAIN, prepares reports for HR and CAIN staff. Attends meetings with the CAIN staff.
8. Assists with and trains internal and external users, applicants, and hiring managers on the applicant tracking system. Resolves issues in a timely manner.
9. Acts as backup with researching and responding to Unemployment Insurance claims within appropriate timeframes. Notifies the appropriate parties when a notice of a hearing before the Employment Development Department/Unemployment Appeals Claim Board is received.
10. May assist with compiling statistical information and reports such as tracking hours worked by employees, verifications of employment, unemployment claims, and the newly hired employee list for the Employment Development Department.
11. May assist with processing a high volume of personnel transactions, such as, new hires, rehires, transfers, reclassifications, rate changes, and terminations. Ensures that all transactions are accurately processed and directed to the appropriate office or agency for authorization and signatures. Ensures all transactions are processed for each pay period and are forwarded to Payroll and/or Sponsored Programs Administration (SPA) in a timely manner to meet payroll processing deadlines.
12. Assists the Human Resources Assistant and other HR staff during busy periods or in his/her absence by providing service at the front counter or completing general tasks related to employment and Human Resource division functions. This may include, but is not limited to answering telephones, greeting office visitors, explaining procedures, and answering questions regarding new hire paperwork.
13. Runs reports from HRIS for departmental use. Assists with further development of the Human Resources Information System.
14. Performs support duties for the office such as, typing correspondence, assembling information, delivering paperwork, faxing documents.
15. Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Note: This position vacancy is with University Enterprises Inc., an auxiliary organization of California State University, Sacramento. This is not a University position; the incumbent will be an employee of University Enterprises.
***AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER***